Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ideas for Art Show

Here are my ideas for the art show. All of these would require a projector, with little to no interaction through mouse or keyboard for the viewer.

1. Sketching of Fernand Leger's Les Disques:
I would use the imitation I created of Fernand Leger's Les Diques (after actually coding all of the "images" from the original) and time it such that each shape comes one by one, telling the narrative of how the piece was created.

2. Live sketching of an art piece
This is similar to the one above, but instead of shapes, this one will draw on a canvas, bringing the drawing into being step by step.

3. Visual music
I would love to do a visual music piece on this song:


 The song has incredible energy and flow, so the visualization should be really interesting to do.

4. Silhouette Garba on "Give me Love" by Ed Sheeran
I'm a Gujarati, and Garba is in my blood (Garba is a traditional dance form in the western part of India, performed during the festival of Navratri). Whenever I listen Ed Sheeran's Give Me Love my feet automatically want to do the steps of Garba because the music is so much like a Garba song. I thought I could create a silhouette, and animate that to visualize the Garba steps I have in my head.

5. Visual Poetry with Graffiti
I wanted to do this for the Visual Poetry assignment but ran out of time. I would put an image of a blank  piece wall in the background, and visualize how a graffiti artist would paint the random poem on the wall. Instead of static backgrounds from google, I will create the backgrounds myself and animate them.

6. Galaxy
I would love to play with 3-D features of processing to create a 3-D galaxy, one that pans and zooms and rotates.

7. Snowfall
All the snowfall yesterday gave me this idea. I could visualize snowfall on Dove Mountain golf course, landing on humongous cacti and other desert shrubbery.

8. Story
Going along with one of my idea for three big projects, I could create an animated piece that tells the story of this song:

9. Supernova
In this piece I would visualize a supernova, how a star collapses on its own gravity and then explodes. Maybe I could find an appropriate piece of music for it too.


4 comments:

  1. I really like your number 3 idea, Visual Music. That music is...I don't really know how else to say...elegant. If you decide to go that route, I'd be interesting in the outcome. I'd also be interested in joining you in creating something for that piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea for creating a 3D galaxy. There seems to be plenty of libraries out there that would make creating an individual planet not too difficult. I think if you did it as a static animation that ran on its own it would be much easier than trying to allow users to move around the view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the idea of visual music, in fact its one of my list. I'm interested in joining to create this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely like the 3D galaxy. Seems very doable and you could make it accurate. I think it would make for a cool 3D info-graphic

    ReplyDelete